Monday, July 11, 2011

The Things I like

I love my wife, my kids, and my family.  I love Jesus.  But this blog isn't about what I love...it's about the things that I like or enjoy and why.

I like food!  Old fashion cheeseburgers...the good greasy kind.  I like pizza...old school Johnny's Pizza, please.  I like homemade ham and cheese sandwiches...with cheese melting out the sides...cheddar cheese that is.  All these have one thing in common...CHEESE!  Man, let me tell ya.  I really, really like some cheese.  I'm indiscriminate.  I don't care what kind of cheese it is...I'll dig in.  Cheese may be one of the world's most perfect foods.  Other foods I like...ribs!  I can eat my weight in ribs.  Two words...BANANA PUDDING...enough said.  Ice cream...I mean really?  Does my liking ice cream really need explanation?  NO.

Football!  I really, really enjoy watching football.  Whether it's the Saints, LSU, or the Texans, I'm ready!  I will holler at the TV until I can't talk the next day.  We all get into the spirit around our house.  I've even seen my wife down in the floor on her knees praying that we'd win a game to make it to the playoffs or a championship game!  Now that's funny...I don't care where you come from.

The ocean...which, by the way, also includes the beach, boats, diving, fishing, and other related activities.  There is almost nothing I'd rather be doing...strike that...THERE IS NOTHING I would rather be doing than spending some good quality time laying on the beach...just chillin.

Finally, and this by no means completes my list, airplanes.  I dig me some airplanes.  Ever since I can remember I've wanted to be able to fly planes.  I bet I've spent hundreds of dollars on flight simulators over the years...including flight sticks and throttles.  If I could only choose one airplane to own and fly for the rest of my life it would be an Antilles Super Goose...it's so awesome.  It's an updated version of the old Grumman Goose which is a sea plane.  It has floats on the wings that retract and it has landing gear so you can land the plane just about anywhere...land or sea.  I would get in my Goose and fly to the islands...land in the water...pull up to the beach...and post up.  Daring somebody to mess with me. 

Anyway, these are just some of the things that I really like.  Maybe you have some cool things that you like too...comment and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment